Arborist Training for Military Service Leavers
The MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) is an initiative to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces. The ELC scheme provides financial support in the form of a single payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years.
ELC funding is only available for higher level learning that results in a nationally recognised qualification at Level three or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
TKF Training is an Approved Provider to ELCAS and have several Awards which are approved for ELCAS funding for service Leavers who have ELC entitlement. These can be confirmed via the ELCAS website.
All our demand from Service Leavers is for an intensive ‘fast track’ course to prepare individuals for a career as an arborist/tree surgeon. We offer a consecutive 4 week programme to include the below awards.
Our courses are delivered in small groups by experienced City & Guilds / Lantra Awards instructors, who work meticulously to ensure each learner is ready to take assessment.
Please be aware that to take this course, you must be physically fit and not suffering from vertigo or similar conditions. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage anybody it is an essential requirement. You must also be free from medication that could affect your safety.
Part 1 is not fundable by ELCAS, however resettlement funding can be used for Level 2 Awards. These included awards are pre-requisites for Part 2.
Part 2 awards are fundable by ELCAS for eligible Service Leavers.
PART 1 - Level 2 Awards
- Ground Based Chainsaw Operator
- Access a Tree with a Rope & Harness
- Total cost = £1,030 inc vat
PART 2 - Level 3 Awards
- Aerial Tree Rescue
- Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free Fall Techniques
- Prepare & Agree Emergency Treework Operations
- Emergency Treework Operations
- Aerial Tree Pruning
- Aerial Tree Rigging
- Total Cost = £2,500 inc vat
Get in touch today
+44 (0) 1484 685 114
Cross Gate Road, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire HD9 1SL
- Safe Handling of Pesticides (PA1) & Hand Held Applicators (PA6A & AW) - 13th - 14th May 2021
- 17/05/21 - 18/05/21
- Chainsaw Course - Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross Cutting - 24th - 25th May 2021
- 24/05/21 - 25/05/21
- Chainsaw Course - Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross Cutting & Felling Trees up to 380mm - 24th - 28th May 2021
- 24/05/21 - 28/05/21
- Safe Handling of Pesticides (PA1) & Hand Held Applicators (PA6A & AW) - 24th - 25th May 2021
- 24/05/21 - 25/05/21
- Chainsaw Course - Felling & Processing Trees up to 380mm - 26th - 28th May 2021
- 26/05/21 - 28/05/21