Who are these courses designed for?
Our training course will suit you if you are currently using a Ride on or Pedestrian Mower – Rotary and Flail as part of your work.
We have courses to suit both the novice and experienced user who would like their skills to be verified with
TKF training deliver this qualification to Lantra and City and Guilds awarding body accreditation standards.
Depending on the course typical objectives include:
- Identify the risks associated with the use of ride-on mowers.
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Identify and understand the function of all instruments and controls.
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual.
- Carry out pre-start checks.
- Identify and report any faults.
- Adjust the cutting mechanism to achieve the required standard.
- Operate the machine in a safe and competent manner.
- Perform after-use maintenance.
Duration and Costs: See scheduled Grounds Maintenance - mower courses for duration and costs of specific courses.
Pass rates: We achieve 96% pass rates on Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting courses.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Varies according to specific courses
For full award and assessment details view the course handbook pdf below:
DOWNLOAD Lantra - Pedestrian Mowers
DOWNLOAD Lantra - Ride On and Pedestrian Mowers
DOWNLOAD Lantra - Ride On Mowers
Get in touch today
+44 (0) 1484 685 114
Cross Gate Road, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire HD9 1SL
- Chainsaw Course - Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross Cutting & Felling up to 380mm - 27th June - 01st July 2022
- 27/06/22 - 01/07/22
- Chainsaw Course - Emergency Treework Operations - 30th June - 01st July 2022
- 30/06/22 - 01/07/22
- Off Road Vehicle Operating (4x4) - Principles of Off Road Vehicle Operating - 01st July 2022
- 2 Day Brushcutters/trimmers (Novice Operators) - 06th - 07th July 2022
- 06/07/22 - 07/07/22
- Accessing a Tree Using a Rope & Harness, Aerial Tree Rescue Operations & Aerial Cutting Of Trees - 11th - 19th July 2022
- 11/07/22 - 19/07/22