Who are these courses designed for?
Woodchippers are powerful pieces of equipment and if they are not used correctly they have the potential to cause
injury, this makes having training essential.
We offer comprehensive and refresher courses for operators involved in forestry, landscaping and grounds maintenance.
Due to the nature of the training a minimum level of fitness is required. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage any learner, it is an essential requirement.
TKF training deliver this qualification to Lantra and City and Guilds awarding body accreditation standards.
Depending on the course typical objectives include:
- Produce a site specific risk assessment for wood chipping operations
- Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a woodchipper
- Carry out routine operator maintenance.
- Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine
- Use approved techniques to chip woody brash and both short and long sections of timber safely and
Duration and Costs: See scheduled Grounds Maintenance - woodchipper courses for duration and costs of specific courses.
Pass rates: We achieve 96% pass rates on Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting courses.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Varies according to specific courses
For full award and assessment details view the course handbook pdf below:
DOWNLOAD Lantra - Woodchippers
DOWNLOAD Lantra - Woodchippers Refresher