Level 2 Award in Ground Based Chainsaw Operator (CS30/31)
Who is the course designed for?
This course is for anyone who is required to operate chainsaws for cross cutting and felling small trees. It will provide the knowledge and skills required for learners to be assessed for the regulated qualification: Level 2 Award in Ground Based Chainsaw Operator.
Due to the nature of the training a minimum level of fitness is required. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage any learner, it is an essential requirement.
To enable course members to:
- Know relevant Health & Safety Legislation and Industry Good Practice
- Be able to carry out operation chainsaw checks
- Be able to carry out maintenance of the chainsaw and cutting system
- Be able to cross cut timber using a chainsaw
- Be able to fell & process trees up to 380mm
- Be able to remove branches using a chainsaw
- Be able to take down hung up trees
Cost: £838.95 (including VAT)
Pass rates: We achieve 96% pass rates on Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting courses.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Max 1:4
For full award and assessment details download the course pdf below: