Dumper Rigid Up to 50T courses – (4 day, 2 day and refresher courses)
Who is the course designed for?
These refresher or conversion courses are for anyone with experience who uses the dump truck (rigid chassis up to 50 Tonnes), in either land-based industries or the construction industry, and will provide you with the opportunity to practice and update your skills, and gain certification.
To enable course members to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other
information sources and applicable legislatio.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dump truck for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dump truck to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Cost: P.O.A – we deliver these as bespoke courses and can provide a quote to suit your specific requirements.
Pass rates: We achieve 96% pass rates on Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting courses.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Max 1:2,4 and 6 depending on course selected.
For full award and assessment details download the course pdf below: