Principles of Off Road Vehicle Operating
Who is the course designed for?
Principles of Off Road Vehicle Operating is designed for users of 4x4s who will only tackle basic off road obstacles and will always avoid more severe threats and weather conditions. Assessment is on a limited range of obstacles with a lower threshold of acceptable threat/risk.
To enable course members to:
- Comply with legal requirements emphasising safe practice.
- Identify risks associated with using a 4×4 vehicle off road.
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Understand the main causes of accidents.
- Identify the controls and components of the vehicle.
- Perform pre-start checks.
- Prepare the vehicle for use off road.
- Identify and report faults.
- Perform a failed hill climb.
- Drive over a variety of terrain (appropriate to the vehicle type)
- Perform an on-site risk assessment.
- Identify the loading/towing capacities.
- Understand legal and practical requirements for off road driving
- Identify the dangers of vehicle self recovery.
Cost: £217.00 (including VAT)
Pass rates: We achieve 96% pass rates on Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting courses.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Max 1:3
For full award and assessment details download the course pdf below: