Tractor Driving (1 to 5 day courses)
Who is the course designed for?
Our tractor driving course is suitable for all tractor drivers including novices and experienced drivers in agriculture, amenity, forestry, industrial and horticulture industries. Our course will allow you to develop and expand where necessary on the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the tractor safely and competently.
To enable course members to:
- To be able to carry out a risk assessment of the tasks in hand
- Enter and leave the cab safely.
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation.
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with some controls.
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner.
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction.
- Leave the tractor in a safe state.
- Understand reasons for daily checks.
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state.
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a mounted implement.
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement.
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state.
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement.
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly.
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft.
- Carry out basic operations using tractor mounted loader.
Cost: £356.45 (1 day experienced) £356.45 (2 day) £356.45 (3 day) £356.45 (4 day) £356.45 (5 day)(including VAT)
Pass rates: We achieve 96% pass rates on Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting courses.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio: Max 1:4
For full award and assessment details download the course pdf below: